All Braintree Table Tennis League players
As many of you will know, under the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the league is required to get players’ permission to contact them by email with general information on the league’s activities. This will include things like entries to the individual championships, details of finals night, the AGM, the quiz night etc.
For the league to run efficiently it’s vital that we can continue to do this. I will shortly be sending round an email asking you to give your permission to receive emails from the league and would be grateful if you could say yes.
The league is also obliged to inform you of the following:
The Braintree Table Tennis League takes the view that, as you are asked to renew your membership each year, you do so on the understanding that the league will keep you abreast of any events and will send you information pertaining to the Club. It also accepts that, as a league for table tennis, you will be interested in table tennis matters.
• • The GDPR covers the protection of members regarding the processing of their personal data.
• • The league has an obligation to protect this data.
• • The league will hold members’ details securely on a database that is password-protected (this is actually held by Table Tennis England on the league’s behalf).
• • The information held will be controlled by the league staff.
• • Members’ details will be used to contact them regarding information pertaining to the league and their membership, as well as any table tennis matters that the committee feels are of interest to the membership.
• • Members will be able to opt-in to any general marketing information that the league from time to time, may circulate.